Thursday, December 6, 2012

Water Softener And Filter Warranties: Online Sales.

Clean Water Man:

I bought a water softener online at a huge discount, but I found out the discount was not so much after I had to pay a plumber to install it and now it appears there is a problem and while the internet company said in its advertising that there was a three year warranty, they have no idea what the problem is and have been unable to help me repair it over the phone and email contacts.

My plumber did a wonderful job installing the system, but he doesn't know how to diagnose or even repair problems with a water softener and I have already paid him for a service call where all he could do is tell me he doesn't know what the problem was.  What do I do?  Now that it is full of water and installed, how am I supposed to pack it up and send it back to Ohio?

Sincerely,

Internet Shopper

Internet Shopper:

Luckily I can repair every brand of water equipment and I came out and fixed your water softener.  It needed a small part that must have been broken during assembly or shipping.  It was unable to draw brine with that broken fitting and the softener will work fine until the next problem.  I charged you for the part since it cost less than a second service call that I would have had to make if you called the Ohio company and asked them to send another part.  Hopefully they will refund you for the expense on the part.  They will not refund you the cost for the plumber's service call.  They will not refund you the cost of my service call, so you are getting pretty close, as far as cost is concerned, to what you would have paid me or another local water treatment dealer to buy it locally.  And this was the first problem.

As far as a warranty is concerned, I wonder how any company that is not local can say they are offering a warranty.  How are they going to repair it from hundreds of miles away?  How are they going to test repairs?  The warranty is wishful thinking.  But if you are lucky and there are no problems, you can save a few dollars.  It is a machine.  What could go wrong?

www.cleanwaterman.com

No comments: